Saturday 28 March 2015

I'm back | Hair Update

Hey everyone? What’s good?
So sorry I’ve been MIA, been super busy. But I’m back now. I really missed blogging and I was so happy to catch up on all my fave hair blogs.  Just wanted to stop by and give an update on what’s been happening to my hair.
I’ve been consistent with my regimen, which is great. On my last washday, I tried DCing on dry hair and I loved the results!! I’m definitely going to be doing this regularly. But my hair is thicker, so detangling is not quite easy.
I’m about 3 weeks post and I’m still wearing my hair out. Usually, I wear my hair for about 2 weeks after texlaxing; then under the wig it goes till the next touch-up.  But I’ve been enjoying my hair so much; it’s much thicker and so healthy. Now if only the length will catch up. You don’t have to wait for your hair to be long before you wear it out; you can still enjoy it in whatever length it is now. There are a lot of hairstyles you can rock with short hair, get creative!!!
I recently wore my hair in two flat twists. I love this style so much; I didn’t have to restyle daily. I just M&S each morning before I head out, then tie my satin scarf once I get home. It really helps my hand-in-hair syndrome. I’m working on incorporating what is called Hair of the Week (HOTW); hairstyles that I can wear for the entire week without restyling. If you have any ideas, please feel free to leave a comment.
This was the only good picture of the flat twists i could find

Still on styling, I bought some magnetic rollers and flexi-rods. I’ve had bad luck doing curly hairdos but I really wanna try it again. Fingers crossed!!!

What’s been going on with your hair?

3 comments:

  1. After 3 years, I'm yet to perfect curly styles too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? but i intend to master it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right? but i intend to master it!!!!

    ReplyDelete