Saturday 28 February 2015

Pre Relaxer wash day


Hey dearies!!! Hope you had a fantastic week.
This week has been somehow for my hair. I did a braid out and it turned out ok, but it rained heavily a few days later and all the humidity just made the curls fall apart. I attempted to put my hair in a high bun but my 2 inches+ of new growth just made it look puffy. Seriously, my hair looks like I’m on a long-term transition. It was driving me crazy.  Frustrated, I decided to wig it till relaxer day. But I need to wash my hair first.

My wash day went thus:
• Parted hair into four sections and detangled with a wide tooth comb.
• Did a hot oil treatment with Amla oil, coconut oil and olive oil. Left on for 2 hours. My hair lurrrrvved this!!!
• Clarified with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo 1x.
• Decided to do a medium protein treatment (I did a hard protein treatment 2 weeks ago) since this is my last wash before relaxer day. I mixed ORS Replenishing Conditioner (my fave), Organics by Africa’s Best hair Mayonnaise and Emily Millionaire Coconut oil and herbs. Applied to hair and left on for an hour.
• Rinsed off DC and wrapped hair for 20 mins with a towel (I couldn’t find my hair T-shirt).
• Applied leave-ins and banded my hair in 8 sections. It was bedtime, so I oiled my scalp with castor oil, covered hair with my satin scarf and went to bed.
The next morning, I removed the bands, moisturised with Carrot oil moisturiser and sealed with coconut oil.
I put my hair in about 12 cornrows. I had to make the partings with my fingers because my new growth is so dense and thick. Thanks a lot, castor oil.
Wigging it till relaxer day...
My hair felt so soft. I need to do hot oil treatments more often!!! I decided to do an unofficial length check and my hair is grazing armpit length (APL)!!! Can’t wait for relaxer day so I’ll know for sure.
That’s it. Each morning, I moisturise and seal my hair then put on my wig cap and then my wig. I have been doing the inversion method all week and I have to wait for the result to kick in before I relax. So I hope to relax my hair first weekend in March. Can’t wait!!!
Cheers, Fatee

4 comments:

  1. Your wig is very cute. Congrats on grazing APL! Can't wait to see your length check chica!

    Do you get your relaxer done professionally or do you DIY it?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that wig!!! It seems your hair loves your wash days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankss!!! Just hoping it remains that way

      Delete