Saturday 30 May 2015

Be Inspired- Meet Juditherese

Holla hairlistas!!!  So I'm here with a very,  very juicy post. This is my first feature on the blog and It's about a very inspiring hairlista. I came across her blog recently and I'm not ashamed to say I stalk her blog now. Enough of me, Ladies and Gentlemen (If there be any) Meet Juditherese!!!


(1) Tell us about your hair (relaxed, texlaxed, natural):
My hair is medium density, low porosity texlaxed hair.
(2) What is your current length and starting length at the beginning of your hhj?
I'm currently bra strap length at the longest parts of my hair (15 inches from my nape when measured) I started from shoulder/neck length.
 
Starting length

Current length


(3) When did you begin your hhj and what led to it?
I began my hhj in October of 2013. I'm currently 1year & 7 months into my hhj. What led to it was my curiosity. I wondered if African women could have very long hair and I saw so many pictures. From there I got to know about Jeni from just grow already. My curiosity rose and I googled "Nigerian women with long hair" then I found Naija hair can grow, nappily Nigerian girl  and rehairducation. I still follow all these blogs till now. I did further research from porosity to pH to home made deep conditioners, oil infusions...dear...I was schooled and the research and learning still continues.
(4) Describe your regimen
Every 2-3 days I massage my scalp with castor oil (I use the plain cold pressed castor oil that can be purchased at pharmacies). Every 1-2 weeks I prepoo with palm kernel oil (mostly because it adds strength to my hair) or my oil infusion or conditioner and the follow up with a shampoo to clean my scalp. Deep condition and then air dry or blow dry. I do hard core protein treatment with either egg or coconut milk once in a long time because ORS Replenishing conditioner balances my protein and moisture really well. I try to stretch my relaxer and for up to 18weeks max.
(5) What protective styles do you use?
I started with wigging but i no longer wear wigs. I do buns, big twists, small twists, flat twists, updo's all with my hair. But when I want to play with some curls I do flat twist out, twistouts and flexi rod sets.



(6) Have you experienced any setbacks since you began your hhj?
The only set back is happening right now and I will write a post on it soon. But I'm experiencing some breakage and serious shedding.
(7) Have you experienced any negativity about your hhj?
Yes I have...in the beginning there was a lot of negativity. Mostly from my family. My mum especially...lol. But I had my mind set and nothing could change it. I had a really tough time...I heard words like your hair will NEVER get as long as those you see on those blogs, you are just wasting your time, all those you see are mixed. I even started working 3 months later so I could afford to get some good products. Because she told me she wasnt gonna buy any. I was just so determined to prove everyone around me wrong. As you can see no one is still doubting because my hair changed so Much in just 9months. And I still believe that my hair will take me places in the future.
(8) what do you love most about your hair?
I love it's thickness and versatility. It shrinks up real bad when I'm deep into my relaxer stretch and looks like I have never put in a relaxer! But it also gets into a sleek updo sometimes :-)
(9) Name 3 hair products or tools you absolutely cannot do without.
My shower cap, a moisturiser and my ORS Replenishing conditioner. I love having these with me.
(10) where can you be found on the internet.
I share my journey, tips and tricks, as well as protective styles on my blog -juditheresehaircare.blogspot.com
You can also find me on Instagram as - Juditherese
So there you have it. Isn't her hair amazing??? This proves black hair can and DOES grow!!! Do check out her blog; she has some great tips.
Cheers,  Fatee 

3 comments:

  1. Awww dear...thank you so much for the feature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire her confidence and courage. Glad i also found her blog, very educative and inspiring. Just look at that lovely beautiful hair. I'm eyeing this your hair o Judith. Well done and nice post Fatee :)

    ReplyDelete