Tuesday 9 June 2015

My first Roller set ever

Helloooo!!!  So remember my crochet braids??  I'd planned to keep it for four weeks but two weeks in my edges were growing wild and It was taking loadsss of Egde control to tame them.  Then I was to attend my brother's graduation ceremony; most of my family were also to be in attendance and I didn't want them to see me with jacked up edges. So with a heavy heart,  I had to to take down the braids.
Taking down the braids was sooooo easy,  took me like 15 minutes. All I had to do was snip off the braids and pull out.
- Applied a hot oil mix of Amla oil and Coconut oil to the corn rows. Let it sit for a few minutes then proceeded to unravelling and Detangling. Detangling was easy but tedious. I then sat under my heating cap for 20 minutes.



- Clarified with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. My hair was in four sections.
- Tea Rinsed with Green tea and Mint
- DCed with ORS Replenishing conditioner and a spoonful of castor oil with heat for 30 minutes.
- Rinsed off DC and them proceeded to.....wait for it....Rollerset!!!
Back during my pre-hhj days,  I loved rollersets. But I've not done one since I began my hhj (Terrified of going to a salon because they might rip off all my hair and didn't have the resources to do it myself). A few months ago, I bought some magnetic rollers. But I didn't have a hooded dryer so the rollers were just marinating in my closet. Shortly after I installed crochet braids,  I finally got a soft bonnet hood dryer. So this was the perfect time to rollerset.
I used Ultra Sheen Conditioning and Setting lotion after applying my leaveins
 I had only a dozen rollers so I had to make big sections. I even threw in a couple of flexi rods
Then I sat under my hooded dryer for 1.5 hours
Results
My texlaxed hair came out smooth and bouncy. My new growth, not so much. Ever so defiant

I combed out the curls and wrapped my hair with cling film to get smooth hair

I loved how my texlaxed hair looked!!!  But don't be decieved; my new growth was still curly and kinky underneath.
For my brother's graduation,  I  did this simple flat twist hairstyle. I just love flat twists!!!!
Highlight of my day: when my mom asked me "when did you go natural??"
I'm just 14 weeks post. My new growth is driving me crazy but I haven't decided when to end my stretch. I'm  thinking of just keep going until i either hit 20 weeks post or my hair begins to revolt. Fingers crossed!!
Cheers,  Fatee

8 comments:

  1. When i saw your post on IG, didn't know when i liked it. Lol! Wow! This is beayoutiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at your mom's question! My mom threw me the same once but at the time I was a solid 5 months post. The twists look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your first roller set came out nice :-)
    Love the flat twist and the accessory... So cute!

    ReplyDelete