Monday 9 March 2015

Wash Day: Easy Breezy

Hey dearies!! How's everyone doing??
If you follow me on Instagram (IG name: fatee_haircademia), you’d have seen my faux bob. This was my protective style this week and I think I’m in love!!! I’ve tried to do a faux bob many times before, but it never came out right. I think it’s because my hair was shorter. Now that my hair is a bit longer, the faux bob came out perfect. I got a lot of compliments about it. I even posted the picture on my personal Facebook page and the compliments came flooding in!!! I think I’ve found a go-to protective style; I’m definitely going to be doing more of this in the future.
Faux bob with twists at the front

I was so busy this week I kept postponing this washday. Then I noticed my hair had this crunchy feel (probably due to the direct heat I used on Relaxer day) and had to literally tell myself ‘Oya oooo, Fatee go wash your hair!!!!”. Here’s how this wash day went:
• Parted my hair into four sections, and applied a hot oil mix of amla oil, coconut oil and castor oil and detangled with a wide-tooth comb. Massaged for a few minutes, covered with a shower cap and left on for 1 hour.
• Washed my hair with Dudu Osun black soap bar. I forgot to brew some tea for a tea rinse *covers head in shame*
• Did a light protein treatment with ORS Replenishing conditioner, Profectiv Mega growth detangling conditioner and Double sheen Argan oil conditioner (new product). Added what was left of the hot oil treatment and applied to hair. Covered with a shower cap and left on for 2 hours.
• Rinsed off DC and did a conditioner rinse with VO5 Shea Cashmere conditioner(Have I mentioned how much I love this conditioner? The smell is divine!!).
• T-shirt dried for 20 minutes (finally found my shirt) and applied my leave-ins: Johnsons Buddies Easy detangler, Double Sheen Argan oil leave-in conditioner (new product) and ORS Humidity control serum. Detangled with a wide tooth comb and put my hair in pigtails to dry.
• When my hair was 90% dry, I applied an oil mix of castor oil and eucalyptus oil to my scalp and massaged it in for a few minutes. Then I applied coconut oil to my hair length and then some Shea butter to my ends (for newbies, the last 2-3 inches of your hair are called ends. They are the oldest part of your hair and the most fragile so they need extra TLC).
• I wasn’t ready to style my hair so I just put in a low bun and covered with my satin scarf.
Loving my texlaxed roots :)

I'm just one week post. I’d forgotten how easy wash days are when my hair is freshly texlaxed. No new growth tangling and matting. This wash day was a breeze.
In this stretch, I’ve decided to focus on Length retention. My last stretch was focused on correcting protein overload, upping my moisture game and establishing moisture-protein balance. I’ve been doing research on length retention and I’ll do a post on what I found and what methods I’ll be using. I bought some products recently. So maybe I am a product junkie. I don’t mind and I look forward to acquiring more.
I’ve been so stressed lately because of grad school. I mentioned this to a classmate and he mentioned how he uses exercise to handle stress. I decided to give it a try and I went on a 2-mile hike. I felt so good and relieved!!! I’d been having backache due to sitting for long hours at a time and it vanished!! I’ve always loved exercise; I used to jog during my undergrad days. But since then, I’ve been pretty inconsistent. But now, I’m back in full force. I’m currently designing an exercise program to fit my schedule.
That's all folks!!!
Cheers, Fatee


No comments:

Post a Comment