Monday 10 August 2015

MINI CHOP!!!

So, this happened. It's no joke. Just in case you haven't figured it out yet: I'VE DECIDED TO TRANSITION TO NATURAL HAIR!!!
Details on how and why I decided to transition will be in its own post (Click here for the deets) . Let's just focus on my mini chop for now.

Reasons why I mini chopped
- To seal the deal. I can be quite a 'chicken' sometimes. Now there's no turning back.
- To get used to short hair.
- To make transitioning easier. Dealing with two textures is much easier when your hair is short.
So, after I mini-chopped, I proceeded to wash my now-short hair.
- Did a hot oil treatment with Amla oil and Coconut oil. Left on for an hour.
- Washed with Dudu Osun black soap.
- Did a vinegar rinse. I added a spoonful of vinegar into a bowl of water and poured over my hair. I love how this combats my itchy scalp.
- DCed with Motions Moisture plus conditioner and a spoonful of castor oil with heat for 30 minutes.
- Rinsed off and applied Double Sheen Argan oil leave-in conditioner and air-dried.
I know y'all are dying to see my new length so here we go


I really love my short hair!! To be honest, I thought I'd be weeping when I mini-chopped (I even had a box of tissues on standby just in case). But I loved it. It's so different and exciting!!!
From APL to this

This is the shortest my hair has been in a really, really long time. Even during my pre-hhj days, my hair stayed at shoulder length. I look forward to styling!!
Cheers, Fatee 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your decision to transition chica! I love this short do on you! Your hair looks so full! I bet that bantu knots or flexi rod curls would look great at this length!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience! Don't forget to add your badge! You can find it here.

    ReplyDelete